It’sthe job interview of your life and you need to come up with something fast.Mental pictures of words are mixing in your head and your tongue tastes likealphabet soup. You mutter words like “deterministic” or “innovativity” and yourealize you’re drenched in sweat. You wish you had thought about this. You wishyou had read this post before.
Here are 10 sentencesthat you could use when you are asked to describe yourself. Choose the onesthat describe you the best.
1.“can adapt to anysituation. I thrive in a fluctuating environment and I transform unexpectedobstacles into stepping stones for achievements.”
2. “consistentlyinnovates to create value. I find opportunities where other people see none: Iturn ideas into projects, and projects into serial success.”
3. “leads people. I canunite people around a vision and motivate a team to excellence. I expect nomore from the others than what I expect from myself.”
4. “always has an eye onmy target. I endeavour to deliver high-quality work on time, every time. Hiringme is the only real guarantee for results.”
5. “knows this jobinside and out. With many years of relevant experience, there is no questionwhether I will be efficient on the job. I can bring the best practices to thecompany.”
6. “has a high level ofmotivation to work here. I have studied the entire company history and observedits business strategies. Since I am also a long-time customer, I took theopportunity to write this report with some suggestions for how to improve yourservices.”
7. “has a pragmaticapproach to things. I don’t waste time talking about theory or the latest buzzwords of the bullshit bingo. Only one question matters to me: ‘Does it work ornot?’”
8. “takes work ethicsvery seriously. I do what I am paid for, and I do it well.”
9. “can make decisionsrapidly if needed. Everybody can make good decisions with sufficient time andinformation. The reality of our domain is different. Even with time pressureand high stakes, we need to move forward by taking charge and being decisive. Ican do that.”
10. “is considered to be‘fun.’ I believe that we are way more productive when we are working withpeople with which we enjoy spending time. When the situation gets tough with acustomer, a touch of humour can save the day.”